August 14, 2012

l'Occitane: Travel sized Shea Butter and Rose Hand Creams

Hello, how is everyone?
Today, it's going to be a duo review about the brand that I immensely trust and stand by. L'Occitane is such an amazing luxury brand because it has a lot to offer for everyone. I would like to introduce the Shea Butter Hand Cream for dry skin and the Rose Velvet Hand Cream. Both are travel sized and contain 30ml product, but the shea butter is available in both a big 150ml size and in a variety of types.
The Shea Butter Hand Cream for dry skin
A super-smoothing--and best-selling--synergy of 20% Shea Butter, honey and sweet almond extract, blended with the light and alluring aromas of jasmine and ylang-ylang essences. Texturally pleasing balm glides on and miraculously absorbs to help heal and protect dry or dehydrated skin. Anti-oxidizing vitamin E helps nourish. Invites even the most hard-working hands to a fresh beginning. 


Rose 4 Reines Velvet Hand Cream
Enriched with shea butter, this cream nourishes and protects hands from daily aggressions while perfuming them with the fresh and slightly fruity fragrance of the Grasse rose, the Bulgarian rose, the Moroccan rose and the Turkish rose.
They both come in this aluminium (?) sort of tube. The shea butter hand cream has this really rich feeling to it. My only concern is the way it feels greasy once you've applied it to the hands, because you are actually unable to touch anything without transferring any of it to other surfaces (eg. cellphone etc). Haha, I remember sitting in the car, applying it and then the next moment I recieved a call. I was so confused as to HOW to pick up the phone without transfering it. So I've actually started to apply it on the top part of both hands and then trying to massage them on each other without having to use the palm side of my hands. This has prevented me from getting the product on stuff. UNLESS you are actually on your way to relax and don't mind getting it on the palms of the hands. 

Both are incredibly moisturising and I don't even need to use a lot of product, which is pretty convenient in the long run if we look at the price tag. 
The difference between the two is that it's recommended to get the shea butter if your hands are specifically dry. I know that some people, for the sake of moisturising their hands (just the same goes for the face) use hand creams. Which doesn't hurt and you will prevent your hands from getting dehydrated, flaky (me!) and dry. For those people, the hand creams which are an alternative to the Rose hand cream will be a good choice. Here, the alternative is that you will choose a product by the preferred smell. Why?
The shea butter has a rich but very subtle smell, but in the case of the rose hand cream (I have the same one but in a perfume form) it's not subtle and I sometimes actually choose to wear the hand cream instead of the perfume. It's not even overwhelming and I really love it.
The other difference is the consistency of the product. As you can see, the shea butter is in a more composed form while the Rose has a lightly runny consistency (chech the above image).
Again, a little product is incredibly enough and you don't need to put a lot. In my case, I only apply the small amount that you can see in the swatch. The days where I really need more product (very rarely) I apply the same amout as the rose (check swatch picture again). 
I think this is the best type of hand cream I've used so this is definitely something I will restock on whenever I'm out of them. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment