May 9, 2012

YSL: Vinyl Candy Palette

The Vinyl Candy palette quad is part of the Yves Saint Laurent Spring 2012 collection: Candy Face



I've had lots of good experience with YSL makeup so I hurried to try out the makeup that come out in this collection. Sadly, I have been a bit late to find out about it in the first place! I tried the palette at the makeup counter and I almost lost my jaw. The colours are extremely pigmented and I don't even reckon how it's possible for it to become even more pigmented when you try to damp the eyeshadow brush a bit. Nonetheless I am in love. The colours are strong and vibrant. On the palette it's possible to see a hint of glitter and I started to have doubts because I tend to stay away from glittery makeup most of the time. Thats due to it being a bit tacky and does not suit me at all. It's a matter of personal opinion though and I have seen people rock the glitter so it completely depends on who is wearing it. The sale's lady hurried to tell me that it actually wasn't glittery at all. There is only a subtle of shimmer on the surface to make it look pretty. Well, that's amazing. A beautiful palette, pigmented and non-sparkly? Well I grabbed it when she told me that it was a limited edition and the it was the last piece because it was so popular. I took it eagerly and I must confess: it's one of my best buys and I highly recommend it. 
Therefore, I give it 5/5.


I'm really sorry for lack of swatches and everything, but something is wrong with my camera and as soon as I get it fixed, I will take the pictures and put them in. So they are on the way...


- May

No comments:

Post a Comment