July 26, 2012

MAC: 239 Eye Shader Brush

Hi guys! How are all of you?
Today I will be reviewing a really great eyeshadow brush (and my first proper one) that has improved my eyeshadow application by a 1000%. I used to think that there was something wrong with my eyelids. No kidding! And why? Because whenever I tried to apply eyeshadow it never worked. I would sit for minutes long trying to get some colour on my lids and it was just impossible to do so. That is untill I discovered WHY. 
One of the reasons is that we all have come across (and learned the hard way) that most eye applicators that come together with eyeshadow palettes are pretty much useless. In my case it didnt just NOT pick up the colour, it also never came off the eyeshadow applicators and never went on the way I put it. Eg.  If I tried to put it in the crease area, it refused to do so and I might end up with a line or anything else awkward. Well, that's until I kicked myself to the MAC store and tried to get someting proper. The MAC 239 Eye Shader Brush.
 
The sales assistant actually told me that she had two brushes available for me. This one and another one that I reckon might be the 242 Shader Brush. The told me the differences was that this is an eyeshadow application brush and the 242 is a shading brush that just "continues the job" where 239 leaves out. Better get step 1 than 2 first, right? That I did.
 
Website claim: "Soft and dense to shade or blend eye shadow or emollient-based products. This brush has a tapered, rounded edge with smooth, firm, fine fibres. It can be used to build intense colour on the eyelid. M·A·C professional brushes are hand-sculpted and assembled using the finest quality materials. They feature wood handles and nickel-plated brass ferrules."
What I can comfirm that it does: It can and does build up an intense colour, yet it still has the shader effect rather than sharp lines. A soft look can defintely be achieved and this brush will work amazingly for the smoking look.
 
A close-up.
The brush measures as you can see - 17 cm or 6.7 inches.

No comments:

Post a Comment