July 21, 2012

The Body Shop: Rainforest Moisture Shampoo and Conditioner

Remember those to from my earlier The Body Shop haul? I already reviewed the hair butter from the same line. And now it's time to review both the shampoo and the conditioner! I took my time to try them out for a while and see whether I like them or not. And finally whether I would repurchase them again.
Product File for Rainforest Moisture Shampoo and Conditioner:
- Works for: dry and damaged hair
- 250 ml
- Contains no silicones, sulphates, parabens or colorants.
Firstly, it's really great that TBS tries to make natural shampoos that don't contain harmful chemicals such as "silicones", "sulphates", "parabens" and "colorants". An important point to adress is that most hair shampoos that are natural, do not lather a lot - and that's a whole other topic that I will be adressing in an individual post because it might be a bit too long in here. Therefore: this shampoo does not lather a lot. Actually I have to put it on twice (wet the hand first)  before I get a somewhat decent lather. The same goes for the conditioner. 


At the start, I wrinkled my nose at the smell. Now, a lot of people might disagree and like it but I wasn't that convinced of the smell. But I tried to give the shampoo and conditioner a chance, so I kept trying them. After a while, I really started disliking the smell and I can't bring myself to use both the shampoo and the conditioner at the same time. I feel like the smell is in my hair wherever I go and I really don't want that. It's very overwhelming for me, especially because I'm sensitive to smells.
I know that perfumes can trigger allergic reactions in people, but I doubt that's the case if they TRIED to use natural smells? Like lemon or orange zets?...
Oh yes, I forgot to mention how it smelt like. It smells of tea. This is a smell that I recognize everywhere I go and I have disliked it since I was a kid. I remember the first time I smelt it was in an Elizabeth Arden Green Tea perfume.


I noticed how DRY my hair became once I used the shampoo. It did not feel clean AT ALL and became very VERY coarse. The conditioner didn't help. 
Shampoo Swatch
The consistency reminds me of honey, but much more runny than that. It has also the same color of honey.
Conditioner Swatch
It has the same consistency of every type of conditioner. It's a bit like mousse but thicker and less foamy and more like a cream. It's much harder to get any type of lather from the conditioner. The worst part? It's incredibly hard to get the conditioner out of the bottle...


I have 75% left of the shampoo in the bottle and I have used half the bottle of the conditoner. And I really have trouble using both of them because of how useless they are to my hair. I feel like they have made my hair condition worse and my hair only improves when I use something else. I'm equally glad that I bought the smaller pot of the hair butter from the same range because it smells just as awfull and is too greasy for my liking. Clearly I won't repurchase these products from this line again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment