July 5, 2012

St. Ives: Makeup Remover & Facial Cleanser

I haven't seen this product before, but I must be honest and say that I actually like the idea of a make-up remover and a facial cleanser all in one. Usually, I use it twice on my face because the first time is to remove the make up and the second time to "completely" remove it in case there is any invisible traces left and then it will just cleanse.
Now, many people might think it's a bad idea especially because I might remove all natural oil and moisture from my face and dry my skin even more. Well, that's not the case at all. This cleanser is very mild and I do not feel my face tighter or more dry than usual using any cleanser that's not specifically a make-up remover at the same time. Actually my skin does not feel any tight at all and to not push my luck I make sure to put moisturiser as soon as I can so that my skin is still damp and fresh.
The only downside of it is the smell. It smells of chamomile and freshly cut/freshly mowed lawn - which isn't the most appealing smell in the world (in my opinion) but it's not a strong and overwhelming smell and disappears as soon as I wash it off. It's a really good and affordable cleanser. I will most likely repurchase it again as soon as the tube is empty.

No comments:

Post a Comment