June 5, 2012

The Body Shop Vitamin E Deluxe Collection

I bought this set for two reasons. Firstly, I was on the hunt for a good moisturiser that could substitue my faithfull Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturising Lotion. Mind you, people should actually be careful because there is a lotion for very dry, dry and combined skin. While the gel is for combined to oily skin. 
I've been using the former for more than two years now, but because of the dry, humid and very hot weather it doesn't do much for me anymore. BUT it's one the best out there, and I will probably go back to using it during the winter months. The reason I left it? I used to only have to apply it once a day, and now three times a day is not even enough for me. That's where the hunt began. Oh yeah, and the second reason for me acquring this line from The Body Shop is because this set was a pretty good deal. These products are quite the bestsellers from their ranges.



The set includes:

  • 1 Vitamin E Gentle Facial Wash - 100ml
  • 1 Vitamin E Moisture Cream - 50ml
  • 1 Vitamin E Nourishing Night Cream - 50ml
  • 1 Round Facial Brush with lid
Vitamin E Gentle Facial Wash
The facial wash has a really good formula and it has a really nice smell that isn't overwhelming at all. I forgot to take a picture of the actual wash to show how it looks like. The colour is exactly the same as the bottle. Only a small amount of the product is needed so this can hold for a long time. I am actually really satisfied with this facial wash and have ditched my old one my Vichy that completely dried my already dry skin out. I also use this to remove makeup but I have yet to try it on something that's waterproof.


Vitamin E Moisture Cream
This cream has been so good. I cannot emphasize on how much it saved my very very dry skin when my Clinique couldn't hold up with my skin. I used to put a lot of product in my hands and lather it on my face and when it was really really dry I even used to coats. With this Vitamin E moisturising cream I only need a very small amount, put it in my hands and then lather it on my face - and it will work it wonders. If I start putting more or even the same amount I used to with my old moisturiser I will end up with a shiny face! So be careful not to put too much. As they say, a bit is a lot. The consistency is very light and smells like the NIVEA cream!

Vitamin E Nourishing Night Cream
Actually, my skin is not mature and neither really need a night cream. But using it has also helped my skin in soo many ways. It's much thicker than the moisturising cream (when you open the cap, you can see the product has not moving from where it is, a bit like butter but lighter than that). The product when applied, stays on the face because it's supposed to work it's magic while you are sleeping (that's why I can feel it when I put it on. It's nowhere like a moisturiser that gets sucked by the skin). So I wash it right I wake up in the morning.
Inside the cap it says (both in English and French - the trademark way of The Body Shop):
"Made with PASS!ON Maximise the benefits of vitamin E by using our day and night creams as part of your daily skin care routine. Protect by day. Repair by night."


Facial Brush with lid
This brush is really soft. But it is not ideal for me because I have dry skin. This is perfect for people with oily skin types because it removes impurites and sebum very well. Since I have an oily T-zone, that is the area where I use it. I actually skip using it with the facial wash and use it instead as an exfoliating brush together with an exfoliating lotion. It still works well that way.

Usually, I am very skeptic around products that are for ALL skin types. Because I can't wrap my head around something that should moisturise dry skin and at the same time to control sebum for oily skin. BUT this kit works just fine. I have to say this is way better for me than my Clinique moisturiser and I'm very happy with this product. This is something I will defintely purchase again several times. Since this product have done nothing to disappoint me, I will give it 10 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment