June 27, 2012

Elemis Skincare Essentials Summer Event (long post)

Long post!


Yesterday, I was invited to an exclusive event of Elemis held at Debenhams. The event revolved around the "Skincare Essentials Summer Event". I was actually very surprised to be invited to this event and I was indeed honoured to do so. Why? Well, one of the reasons is that only 10 exclusive guests will be informed of the event and have extra things done for :)


Do you know what Elemis is? And have you heard of the company and spa chain before? 
"Elemis is the leading luxury British spa and skincare brand favoured by as many as 6.5 million spa-goers per year. The successful combination of natural active ingredients with cutting-edge technology has enabled Elemis to bring to market some of the most influential anti-ageing products and professional spa-therapies the beauty industry has ever seen."


Sadly, I forgot to bring my camera so please bear with my low quality phone camera pictures from the event.
Goodie bag! :)

We were introduced to all the products and then we signed our names up for a facial assessment report that was done by one of the Elemis staff. It was highly educational if I must say so myself. I was surprised by what I found out and I also confirmed my concerns regarding different areas of the skin on my face. Here is an excerpt of my Facial Assessment Report: 
Yes, that's me! Or part of...
A little about the parts of the report
Spots: The first one is the amount of spots. You know; blemishes, whiteheads etc you name it. She told me that it was a pretty good result I had here. 

Wrinkles: 5! That number surprised me a lot. Especially those two on my cheek because usually that place is pretty much smooth. I thought I might have a maximum of 2 or none at all. But she told me that this was of no concern and it was really normal to have numbers like this. That I should only start being concerned very later in my life and since I am only 19 this is pretty much a normal number. Notice that they are only short, and real hardcore wrinkles will be longer. - Nevermind that weird line on my cheek. It's the paper because I folded it.

Texture and Pores: Both are pretty much connected to each other, do I need to explain what the pores do? Look at the amazing war arena going(at the Texture part) on thanks to the pores! The picture of the pores pretty much sums up the open large pores on my face and they are a lot.

UV Spots: Sun damage! Repeat: sun damage!  This is way worse than I thought. Usually I am not a lot outside in the sun, mainly because over here from 11am until 3pm the UV Index is 11+, which is really extreme. And I might add that that was a wake up call for me. I always skip the sunscreen because I am  always in a hurry when I need to go out. One should put sunscreen 20 minutes before going out. Dermatologically speaking, one should avoid being outside in such an extreme sun weather because it results in a great deal of sun damage and it more than just recommened to wear sunglasses. I will explain further about this in another post.
Oh, and the darker the area on the skin, the more sun damage, so the yellow spots are so small that the outline of the yellow washes out the almost black color that shows you how bad it is. Look closely and you can see three spots that DO show the blackness. Sigh.

Porphyrins: See that? That's bacteria! The Elemis lady told me that I had combination skin. My nose area is the T-zone part of my face that's oily. And oily skin? Tends to break out. That's the connection between sebum (the oily produced by the skin to keep the external part of the skin from drying out) and bacteria. Therefore it's pretty much normal that whatever bacteria that resulted from the oily part of my nose spread a bit further to my upper cheek area together with the traveling bacteria tourists.

I learned a lot from my visit as you can see and I am so grateful for the staff and their incredible help. I was even recommended a very easy routine with specific products that target my general skin problems and they told me that for me to get rid of my biggest concern which is the nose area and it's bacteria is to try to get a facial at one of their Elemis Spas and I'm totally going to do it! 

These are the products that was recommended to me, and I tried their samples at the stand (the two first pictures in this post) and also at the Elemis Treatment Room where we got a free facial treatment:

- Elemis Soothing Apricot Toner
Extracts of fragrant Apricot soothe and harmonise, giving rise to a fresh sensation and radiant appearance. Ideally suited to extra-sensitive, delicate and hormonal skin. This alcohol-free toner is so gentle, it may also be applied to cotton pads for a soothing eye treatment.

- Elemis Maximum Moisture Day Cream
This fresh feeling day cream with adaptive technology intelligently adjusts to your skin's needs. Providing continuous hydration whilst actively helping to protect against environmental toxins, the lightweight formulation visibly improves skin's condition.

- Elemis Papaya Enzyme Peel - this is just an amazing product. I found out it is an awarded product.
To celebrate the award-winning Papaya Enzyme Peel’s 10th Anniversary, Elemis is delighted to present a LIMITED EDITION bottle designed by British artist Laura Oakes.
For every product sold they will provide a 5-in-1 Pentavalent vaccine to immunise a child in Africa against 5 leading diseases and hope to donate 50,000 vaccines through this programme.


Now to the goodie bag! Here is what was inside
What was inside
- A paper explaining a bit about Elemis and where to buy the products. There is also a link to their Facebook page and a phone number to know where their selected spas and salons are throughout the country.
- Elemis Pro-Collagen Marine Cream
- Elemis Papaya Enzyme Peel.

I was so happy to have gotten the Papaya Enzyme Peel. I saw it do wonders at the facial treatment.
Oh, did I mention the competition draw? My friend won and got a full sized product! It was around 250ml so that's really decent! It was a body oil with Japanese Camilea Blossom. Even smelt amazing.

Elemis: Defined by Nature, Led by Science.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful article and and you got great pictures with your phone camera. No wonder Elemis skin care is favored by many people.

    ReplyDelete