June 11, 2012

YSL: Top Secrets Pore Refining Skincare Brush

Today, I'm going to review a special kind of primer. It's a high-end brand by YSL and quiet the splurge. Let's start of with what the website states:


"A unique pore refining skincare brush for combination skin prone to imperfections. This targeted skincare product instantly reduces the look of enlarged pores and mattifies shine, making skin appear visibly smoother and more even. Skin quality is improved and ready for a flawless make-up application."

There is one small thing that I want to correct with that statement, and it's that it's not for combined skin(unless you have a very oily T-zone, including your forehead - or else it's just a waste of money) and certainly therfore not a product for anyone with dry skin to use. I have combination skin, and I have used this product on the T-zone areas. It worked perfectly, because it mattified my skin and reduced any large pores impeccably. I tried to put on a bit of it on my cheek and it became SO dry that it started flaking. Which is obvious, because this is not for dry skin. 


Product file:
  • for combined to oily skin
  • no hydration
  • comes in 40 ml
  • one shade 
The packaging is certainly beautiful.
Without the cap on
Notice the N? The front part of the brush there is a "OFF" What lays below the line under the N can be twisted...
And the "O" will can be turned back to the be under the "N" just like that. That means that the product is "ON" right now. So when you squeeze the brush lightly, the product comes out. When looked upon inspection, one can see that there is a dot or whole in the middle of the brush hairs. That's where the product will be squeezed out from. When you want to close it again, you just twist the "O" back to be under the "OFF". It's actually a really interesting mechanism. The only thing that I don't like about it is that it's not easy to clean it at all because the brush cannot be taken off.
When blended the colour just disappears and becomes transparent - just like all the other primers.

A detail I like about it, is that it stays on for a very long time. When I use powder to stop my T-zone from shining, I have to touch it up around 3-4 times in a day. With this product, I can go on for a whole day with only having put it once.
Despite how good it is, it's not something I can use for my whole face and I can defintely find a primer that will do just a good job as this one without having to pay too much for it. Therefore it's not something I will want to purchase again. I will give it 7 out of 10 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment